The National Education Committee are:
Julie Woods, Chairman (East of England Area)
Susie Barwick, Vice-Chairman (Berks, Bucks & Oxon Area)
Sharon Dower (Course Consultant, Three Counties & South Wales Area)
Gill McGregor (London & Overseas Area)
Lesley Sturdy (Home Counties Area)
Moyra Turnbull, Editor of Insight (SAFAS)
The committee meets three times a year at Osborne House. This committee works to promote the educational aims of NAFAS, encouraging members and the general public in the skills of floral art and related subjects. The committee is responsible for the production of Insight, the educational journal for flower arrangers and for educational leaflets and handbooks. It is also responsible for the organisation of the NAFAS Certificates in Floral Art & Design and the NAFAS/OCN Credit4Learning Teacher Training course, both accredited through Oxford, Thames & Chiltern OCN.
Training days are organised for Junior Leaders, Area Education Representatives, Teachers and Internal Moderators. The committee also organises and runs mini-teaching demonstrations and workshops.
Thinking about setting up Leisure Classes?
The Education Committee have produced – ‘Leisure Classes for All’ A guide for Teachers setting up Leisure Classes for Adults or Juniors offering practical guidance on starting out to inspirational ideas for everyone to enjoy. Take a look and be inspired to get started.
2019 DATES –
- 4th & 5th March: National Education Committee meeting
- 22nd – 24th March: Education/Teachers Conference, Jubilee Conference Centre, Nottingham University Download the application form from the Members Area
- 8th & 9th July: National Education Committee meeting
- 10th July: Training Day for NAFAS Independent Tutors and Internal Moderators
- 8th-10th August: NAFAS Floral Art & Design Show, Business Design Centre, Islington, London – click here for further details
- 15th & 17th October: National Education Committee meeting
Images from the workshops held at the Teachers Conference 18/19 March 2017 with National Teachers Irene Manson and Kate Edwards tutoring
A few images from the Area Education Representatives Day held at NAFAS Headquarters on 17th August 2017: