The National Education Committee are:
Julie Woods, Chairman (East of England Area)
Sharon Dower (Three Counties & South Wales Area)
Lesley Sturdy (Home Counties Area)
Moyra Turnbull, Editor of Insight (SAFAS)
Joan Woodhead, Course Consultant (North Midlands Area)
The committee meets three times a year at Osborne House. This committee works to promote the educational aims of NAFAS, encouraging members and the general public in the skills of floral art and related subjects. The committee is responsible for the production of Insight, the educational journal for flower arrangers and for educational leaflets and handbooks. It is also responsible for the organisation of the NAFAS Certificates in Floral Art & Design and the NAFAS/OCN Credit4Learning Teacher Training course, both accredited through Oxford, Thames & Chiltern OCN.
Training days are organised for Junior Leaders, Area Education Representatives, Teachers and Internal Moderators. The committee also organises and runs mini-teaching demonstrations and workshops.
Thinking about setting up Leisure Classes?
The Education Committee have produced – ‘Leisure Classes for All’ A guide for Teachers setting up Leisure Classes for Adults or Juniors offering practical guidance on starting out to inspirational ideas for everyone to enjoy. Take a look and be inspired to get started.
2017 DATES –
- 25 & 27 October: National Education Committee meeting
- 26 October: Junior Leaders Day
- 9-11 November: Festive Flower and Food Show, Blackpool – the committee will run workshops and hands-on sessions throughout the show. See the Show’s website for further details – festiveflowerfoodshow.co.uk
2018 DATES –
- 26th & 27th February: National Education Committee meeting
- 9th & 10th July: National Education Committee meeting
- 11th July: Training Day for NAFAS Independent Tutors and Internal Moderators
- 7th August: OCN External Moderation Visit
- 22nd & 23rd October: National Education Committee meeting
The National Education Committee together with the National Photography Committee have produced this booklet in response to many requests to have these leaf techniques together in one place.
Aspidistra, Palm and Phormium leaves have been used.
Step by Step instructions for each design are included with clear and concise line drawings.
A follow on to Part 1 covering several other types of leaf and plant materials.
Both of these books are available to purchase from our online shop.
Images from the workshops held at the Teachers Conference 18/19 March 2017 with National Teachers Irene Manson and Kate Edwards tutoring
A few images from the Area Education Representatives Day held at NAFAS Headquarters on 17th August 2017: