World Association of Floral Artists
The World Association of Floral Artists (WAFA) is a not for profit, non partisan organization of international floral art societies. It was formed in 1981.
Through its worldwide scope, WAFA enhances the diversity of the floral art form by transcending International cultural barriers and bringing together fresh ideas.
The management of WAFA moves from country to country every three years. During its tenure, the host country organizes an International Seminar, stages a World Flower Show, convenes a General Assembly and plans other educational events.
Aims and Objectives
- To promote the art of flower arranging throughout the world.
- To reinforce the bond between various members through regular exchange visits, publications, international seminars and flower shows.
- To promote the exchange of information concerning floral art and allied interest.
- To establish a set of international rules for world competition.
- To organize an international competition/convention open to all members every three years.
- To organize an international seminar every three years exclusively reserved for persons belonging to WAFA.
- To promote the care and conservation of natural resources and the environment.
WAFA Member countries:
- Australia *
- Belgium *
- Bermuda *
- Canada *
- France *
- Hong Kong
- Ireland *
- Italy *
- Jamaica *
- Kenya *
- Malta *
- Mexico *
- New Zealand *
- South Africa *
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
* = founding countries