The Surrey Area of NAFAS is committed to promoting the art of Flower Arranging through workshops, demonstrations, education and competition. It is actively working to promote NAFAS and to attract new members from its Surrey residents.
The Judges, Demonstrators, Speakers and Teachers Group at Surrey Area is very active and holds workshops for its membership, as well as ensuring the NAFAS trained Judges, Demonstrators, Speakers and Teachers keep their skills honed, as well as offering the NAFAS Certificated Courses Levels 2-4 to all Surrey Club members. In 2020 the Surrey Area has thirteen students at Level 4, four students at Level 3 and five students at Level 2.
The Surrey Area of NAFAS staged a very successful Show at Woking Leisure Centre in 2019 entitled ‘Floral Art’.. Clubs also run their own events and competitions throughout the year and have full and exciting annual programmes for their members.
The Surrey Area of NAFAS also undertakes the following:
- organises a group of member volunteers who arrange flowers at Ham House during the Summer months from flowers picked in the Ham House gardens.
- has for the last 10 years worked closely with the RHS to deliver a Competitive Floral Art Show at the RHS Wisley Flower Show, which is open to all NAFAS members UK wide and takes place annually in September at Wisley in Surrey. At the Wisley Flower Show, Surrey Area also give demonstrations, staged by NAFAS Demonstrators, for the visitors.
- provides Westminster Abbey, when requested, with experienced flower arrangers to design and arrange flowers at their special festivals and events.
- works with the Royal Historical Palaces to deliver a floral extravaganza called ‘Florimania’ held at Hampton Court Palace over ‘Mothering Sunday’ weekend with floral displays in the Palace.
- is committed to encouraging children to explore the art of flower arranging and competition work to promote an enjoyment of floral art. Monthly workshops are held for hand-on experience of different techniques and to look at competition work and encourage participation in floral shows. Information about our Surrey Junior Flower Arrangers can be found on our website surreynafas.com/clubs-in-surrey .
- supports NAFAS by encouraging Clubs in Surrey to promote National Flower Arranging Day, by giving out free friendship bouquets to residents in their local areas.
The Surrey Area of NAFAS was founded in 1960 and there are 38 Clubs across Surrey who meet at regular intervals throughout the year for flower arranging workshops, demonstrations and friendship. To check out our clubs, and see the meeting dates, times and locations visit our website surreynafas.com you are bound to find one that‘s local and suits you.
Everyone is Welcome to come to a Club Meeting to see what goes on and to meet others with an interest in Flowers and Floral Art. It doesn’t matter if you know nothing about flowers everyone was a beginner once. Clubs are a great place to acquire new skills and new friends.