The Association was formed over 60 years ago and has a membership of approx 46,000. The structure of the membership was formed through members belonging to one of our existing Clubs within the 21 geographical areas of NAFAS. This remains the most popular way to join NAFAS, Benefits include:
- Opportunity for training and moderation of Adjudicators, National Demonstrators, National Judges, National Speakers
- A Teacher training course is available for Tutors
- Residential Courses and Refresher Days are held regularly for all disciplines, which Area qualified members are encouraged to attend
- Co-ordinating photography interests and entry into the annual NAFAS Photographic Competition
- Entry into the National Show for competitors and visitors
- Access to NAFAS National Residential Events
- Opportunity to compete at RHS Chelsea
- Opportunity to arrange flowers at Westminster Abbey
- Affiliation to WAFA – The World Association of Floral Artists – hosted by a WAFA Member Country held every three years
- Reduced subscription to The Flower Arranger magazine
- Access to NAFAS Educational Handbooks
- Access to NAFAS Guidelines. NAFAS produce a range of guidelines from ‘Forming a New Look Flower Club’ to how to put together a Risk Assessment. These are available to download from the NAFAS website
- NAFAS Affiliated Clubs are featured on the NAFAS website
- Opportunity to compete at Area Shows
- Access to Members’ Days with national and local speakers and first- class demonstrators
- Access to Area Workshops
- Opportunity for training for Area Demonstrators, Judges and Speakers as well as beginners’ classes and certificated NAFAS qualifications
- Attendance at Club Officers’ Day
- Attendance at Club Chairmen’s Forums
- Club delegate at Council meetings – have your say regarding your NAFAS Area
- Members can have their views heard at Area Council Meetings, through their club delegates
- Participation in Area Flower Festivals
- Eligibility for Area bursaries, if applicable (e.g. encouraging new members bursary)
For Club Membership, search for your nearest Club and contact the Area Secretary for further information.
Individual Affiliation through an annual subscription.
Lifestyles have changed greatly since our inception, and there are many people, who for various reasons, are unable to commit themselves to Club membership but are still very interested in our work of floral art and design. By becoming an Individual Affiliated Member you will be able to enjoy the benefits that NAFAS has to offer.
Whilst individual membership does not allow you to attend club and area demonstrations and workshops, you may be able to attend occasional events as a visitor on payment of the appropriate fee.
The cost of the annual subscription is £45, which includes:-
- 4 issues per year of our fabulous magazine The Flower Arranger
- 2 Newsletters
- Details of NAFAS events
- Information on our own National Show
- The opportunity to compete at a national competition
To subscribe download the application form or for further information please call NAFAS Head Office on 020 7247 5567.
If you are from overseas and wish to become an Individual Affiliated Member of NAFAS, please contact the London & Overseas Area Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org