This policy sets out how The National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies (“we”) aim to repay the trust you have shown by sharing your personal data with us.
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words “we”, “us” or “our”, it refers to The National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies The full legal information for the charity is: The National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies 2003 Ltd, is a Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under number 04934904 and registered as a Charity number 1101348
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as a full name, address, phone number or email address.
The Policy in brief
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are – but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non-personal data (such as IP addresses, pages accessed etc.)
- We collect information about the people who are members of the Association, volunteers and employees.
- We collect information to provide our services, to provide information, to fundraise for our charitable activities and for administration. We only collect the information that we need.
- We keep personal information secure, including SSL technology (secure server software) whenever we collect personal data online.
- We never sell your data, and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes.
- We only share data where we are required by law, to persons within the NAFAS membership or with carefully selected partners who work with us. All our partners are required to treat your data as carefully as we would, to only use it as instructed, and to allow us to check that they do this.
These are the basics, but the full policy (below) contains all the details you need.
The National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies (“we”) promise to respect any personal data you share with us, or that we get from other organisations and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you would not reasonably expect.
Developing a better understanding of our members and supporters through their personal data allows us to make better decisions and fundraise more efficiently. We have made improvements to this policy to make it more transparent for you.
We will be moving to an ‘opt-in only’ communication policy. This means that we will only send marketing communications to those that have explicitly stated that they are happy for us to do so via their preferred channel(s) (email, phone, or post).
Our marketing communications include information about our latest events, educational activities and campaigns and appeals. If you would like to receive such communications but have not opted in please contact us on 020 7247 5567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you give it to us DIRECTLY
You may give us your information to sign up for one of our events, purchase goods, make a donation or communicate with us.
- When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
- When we collect it as you use our WEBSITE
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
If you join a flower club or affiliate directly to the Association or sign up for an event we will usually collect:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact details
Where it is appropriate we may also ask for:
- Information relating to your flower club and Area
- What events you are interested in hearing about
We will mainly use your data to:
- Provide you with the services or information you asked for
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing Gift Aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Understand how we can improve our services or information.
- We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
With your consent, we will contact you to let you know about the progress we are making and to ask for donations or other support. We make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate, in a way that suits you. Our forms have clear marketing preference questions, and we include information on how to opt out when we send you marketing. If you do not want to hear from us, that’s fine. Just let us know when you provide your data or contact us on 020 7247 5567 or email@example.com
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing. But, if we run an event in partnership with another named organisation your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your data when you register.
Sharing your story
Some people choose to tell us about their experiences to help further our work. This may include them sharing sensitive information related to them in addition to their biographical and contact information.
If we have the explicit and informed consent of the individual, or their parent or guardian if they are under 18, this information may be made public by us at events, in materials promoting our Association and fundraising work, or in documents such as our annual report. In such cases the information will always be anonymised, and permission can be withdrawn at any time.
We collect and manage information about the children in our Junior Clubs and aim to manage it in a way which is appropriate to the age of the child. All information gathered about the child will be subject to consent from a parent or guardian.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
We will only ever share your data in other circumstances if we have your explicit and informed consent.
You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data, and if it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for (e.g. processing your donation or registering you for an event) we will do so. Contact us on 020 7247 5567 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns
If you want to access your information, send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to The CEO, NAFAS, 1st Floor, 42-44 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AH. We do not accept these requests by email so we can ensure that we only provide personal data to the right person.
If you have any questions please send these to email@example.com, and for further information see the Information Commissioner’s guidance at
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let us know by contacting the CEO, NAFAS, 1st Floor, 42-44 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AH. or email firstname.lastname@example.org